According to Instagram, over 500 million users flock to the platform every day. Of these Instagramers, more than 120 million interact with a comment, a like or a share. This being said, Instagram can be considered a fantastic platform for realtors to target new leads and increase their brand following.
Furthermore, if you are a realtor with a listing video or market update video, posting it to Instagram is a great way to show off your expertise and knowledge of the housing market. Although posting a video to Instagram can be deemed as a bit challenging, it should not be forgotten about because Instagram not only provides a great outreach but it is also a FREE way to market your video. It’s no wonder why we see some of the top realtors like Denise Mai using it on her Instagram.
Sharing your Market Update Video on Instagram
There are two ways to share your video. One is using the link in your Agent Web Profile and the other is uploading your market update video (like any other video) to your Instagram. We’ll explain both.
Using the Link in your Agent Web Profile
The web profile is a FREE alternative to the traditional agent website. In fact, Roomvu agent profile has every important feature that an agent would need if you were to get your own real estate website. You can upload your profile picture, include your tagline, your company logo, and much more! Sign up to get an account.
Open your profile on your phone, you’ll see a blue Share Profile button on the top right corner of your market update video.
Clicking this button will open a box asking how you want to share your video. Click Copy Link and open your Instagram account. You can paste the link in your bio, create a new post describing your new video and asking to see the link in the bio.
Downloading from Your Agent Web Profile
The web profile is a FREE alternative to the traditional agent website. In fact, Roomvu agent profile has every important feature that an agent would need if you were to get your own real estate website. You can upload your profile picture, include your tagline, your company logo, and and this is where all your Market Update Videos live in. Sign up to get an account.
Once on your profile, you’ll see that your Market Update Video with your branding is automatically uploaded. There is a three dot button on the bottom right corner of the video. Here, you can download* the video.
*The download option is free for the first 30 days. After this period, you can keep your profile for free but if you still want to download & share your new updated videos, you’ll be asked to subscribe for $19.99/month.
Upload your Market Update Video on your Instagram Newsfeed:
1. Tap the ‘plus’ icon on the bottom of the screen
2. Upload your video to Instagram
Find your market update video that has been saved to your device’s gallery, tap it and then click ‘Next’ in the right-hand corner.
3. Choose a filter for your video through the gallery of options
A filter is a pre-set overlay that adjusts how the video will look in terms of contrast, lighting and more.
4. Trim the Instagram video length
Sometimes, it is not necessary to have the full length of the video play on your Instagram feed. If this is the case, you may want to consider trimming the length of the video.
5. Choose a cover photo for your video.
This is the image that will appear first in your feed.
6. Write a caption to suit your market update video.
Make sure the caption shows some of your personality while keeping it short and professional.
*Pro-tip: Add hashtags like #Vancouver #Marketupdate so that when users search those keywords, your market video appears in that category.
7. Add a location
This way users who search for content in your location can find your video.
8. Use Hashtags Efficiently
- Instagram hashtags can show personality, mood, and attitude.
- Remember that hashtags on Instagram are a search tool. People will be searching hashtags to find new people to follow. So think about how to craft the perfect hashtags so the right people find you.
- Someone who may be interested in luxury real estate downtown may appeal to #luxurylifestyle #milliondollarlisting or even #versace #louisviton. We can assume that if someone is looking for a million dollar listing, they will probably have an interest in high-end brands too.
- Make sure that the hashtags you are using make sense for your post.
- Specific hashtags are better than general hashtags.
- Have fun with Instagram hashtags. Unlike Facebook, you can have 20-30 hashtags per post.
- Remember that real estate hashtags on Instagram are a search tool. What is a potential client searching on Instagram?
- Use real estate hashtags that represent your image.
9. Share your market update video
If applicable, share your post to your other social platforms.
Here is what your market update video could look like when posted to your Instagram newsfeed
To upload your market update video on your Instagram story:
1. Click on the camera icon beside the Instagram logo
2. Find your video
Click on the small square to the left of the word ‘Create’ to find your video in your device’s gallery.
3. Make your content appealing
Once the video pops up, in this screenplay around with the many different features to jazz up the post. For instance, from the icons at the top (from left-to-right) use filters, adjust the sound, add a link (maybe to your YouTube channel or current housing listing), draw on the post or even add text to the post. But, you don’t have to over-do it. In fact, less is more.
4. Share your video
Lastly, share your post to your Instagram story by clicking ‘share.’ On this page, you can even go as far as creating a list of specific audiences and only sharing the post to certain group members.
Here is an example of what your market update video could look like once you upload it as an Instagram story.
Want more Roomvu related content? Subscribe to our blog: www.roomvustore.com/blog
- Bressan, L, 2018. How Top Agents Use Video Emails to Convert Real Estate Leads.
- Facebook 2019. 2019 Real Estate and Insights Report.
- Hundrev, I, 2019. 60+ Must-Read Real Estate Statistics for 2019.
- Scott, 2019. How to create a great email marketing campaign strategy.
- Mailer, 2019 How to successfully close deals with email marketing for real estate agents.
- Statistics, 2019. Number of social network users worldwide from 2010 to 2021.
- Zillow Group Consumer Housing Trends Report (2017).